355 Jerome Avenue
A TIMELESS CLASSIC!
355 Jerome Avenue - Piedmont
This Picturesque English Cotswold is a timeless classic in a highly sought after neighborhood near Central Piedmont offering 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and an office that could also serve as a nursery or small 4th bedroom. Updated to perfection, this home exudes charm in every room on every turn with a private and serene garden landscape that spans the entire block. Noted architectural details from carved rafter tails, eyebrow dormers, ceiling molding and wainscoting offer a quiet elegance that marries its 1920 character with modern luxuries of today.
The culinary enthusiast will be captivtaed by the kitchen with rare La Cornue range that will impress and master just about any creation. Custom cabinets, honed carrara marble, Shaw farm house sink & top-of-the-line applainces complete the timeless space. The cozy built-in breakfast nook with creative chalkboard recipe wall is the perfect place to start the day. Custom bench seating has an abundance of ample storage for all those charised serving peices.
Three beautiful bathrooms (two en-suite) accompany this home. Downstairs the carrara marble theme continues with large walk-in shower, separate water closet and double sink vanity. The new en-suite bath is sleek and smart with subway tile, marble octagon flooring and modern finishes.
Two lovely bedrooms are located on the main level. One recently underwent an en-suite bath addition with new walk-in closet and opens to the garden and lawn making the room easily accessible, sunny and bright. The other is spacious enough for twin beds and ideal for two to share with separate walk-in closets and conviently situated next to the hall bath with double vanities! The upstairs master suite has a separate room currently used as an office designed by California Closets. An en-suite bath with shower over a deep soaking claw foot tub has basket weave marble flooring and chic imported Italian Devon&Devon vanity.
What makes this home so special is the lush gargen landscape that spans the entire block with several areas to lounge. Maple, Lemon, espalier fruit trees accompany a lawn perfect for a game of croquet while sipping Rose. For those who need a play room, gym or outdoor getaway on game days, the newly finished garage has bonus space with custom Marvin windows and matching French door to the main house that opens to a lovely new brick patio ideal for dining and entertaining.
This is a fabulous home on a coveted tree-lined street with wonderful neighbors, an annual block party on the 4th of July and loads of kids on Halloween. Offering walkability including 12 years of award winning schools, Community Park and Pools, Mulberry Market and for those who commute, the Transbay express Bus to SF, AC Transit #33 and casual carpool locations are up the block on Oakland Avenue!
Grand Avenue restaurants, shops and Farmer’s Market are a mile away and a favorite on Saturday Mornings. With so many wonderful features to note, it's worth every effort to come see why it's one of the most admired homes on the street.
- 1947+- Square Feet
- 7685+- Square Foot Lot
- 3 Bedrooms & 3 Bathrooms
- Office can Serve as Nursery/Small Bedroom
- Gourmet Chef's Kitchen with Rare La Cornue Range
- Updated Bathrooms w/ Imported Vanity & Carrara Marble Finishes
- Top-of-the-Line Presidential Roof Installed 2 years ago
- Blocks to Top Schools, Town, Mulberry Market & Community Pool
- Ideal Commute Location-Transbay Bus/Casual Carpool One Block Up
Updates in 2019
- Permited En-suite Bath Addition in Downstairs Bedroom and New Walk-in Closet Created
- Gas line upgraded to Filreplace Log Insert
- Trench Drain Installed Around Back of Property & Garage
- Updated Electric with Knob &Tube Wiring Removed
- All new Dampers/Heat Registers Replaced, Upper/Lower Dual Zones Established with New Nest Thermastats
- Detached Garage Renovated w/High Ceilings & Finished Bonus Space, New garage Door & Custom Marvin Windows/French Door to Patio
- Back Pond Removed & Lovely Brick Patio Installed